Larisa Lewis, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMTA sponsors four student recitals throughout the year. These recitals are designed to offer performance opportunities and teach audience etiquette. All recitals are held at the Aurora Central Library, Large Community Room unless otherwise noted **. Upon entering Library, take an immediate left. The Large Community Room will be on your left.
TEACHERS, be sure to register your students through the Recital Chair, Larisa Lewis, as availability can be limited. See entry form below.
Recital Dates: Sunday, October 14, 2018
Send Submission requests to Evan Pilate by October 11: email@example.com
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Sunday, April 7, 2019
Time: 2:00 pm
Recital Location: Aurora Central Library
14949 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80012
Entry Form: AMTA Student Recital Entry Form
Registration Fee: There are no entry fees for AMTA Students.
Students of non-AMTA teachers fee is $10.00
Entry Fee: Non-AMTA teachers will pay a flat fee of $20 for the event.
Recital Registration Deadlines: One week prior to performance unless indicated otherwise.
Due to limited performance capacity, students may be invited to perform at the next recital if the maximum number of performance spots is filled.
Check with Chair, Larisa Lewis for details.
Recital Guidelines: AMTA Student Recital Guidelines
Recital Audience Etiquette: AMTA Student Recital Audience Etiquette
Recital Performance Etiquette: AMTA Student Recital Performance Etiquette
Students are allowed to perform one piece only. When performing from a larger work such as a sonatina, suite, or theme and variation, only one movement will be allowed. Selections will be performed from memory, with the exception of ensemble performances and students with special needs. There is no registration fee. Teachers with participating students will help with each recital.
1. Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 6 students per recital on a “first-come, first-serve basis. Recitals are limited to 33 students. The first 33 students will be invited to the recital. All others will be placed on a waiting list. Teachers with more than 6 students who wish to perform, may place the names of those students on a waiting list. As recital performance availability occurs, teachers will be notified.
2. Individual student performance shall not exceed 5 minutes. Repeats will not be taken. Piano students must have their piece memorized. All other students may perform with their music.
3. Student names and pieces shall be turned into the Chair 1 week prior to the recital, by 9:00 pm unless otherwise indicated. Please, no additions or substitutions after that time. See entry form below.
4. Teachers with participating students will help on the recital day with set-up, tear-down, refreshment table, student check-in, programs, and emcee.
5. Teachers will inform their students of the following: arrive 10-15 minutes early, selections are to be memorized for piano students, cell phones off, no texting, recital etiquette including entry and departure into the performance room timings between performances only, and families with young children are asked to sit in the back of the audience for emergencies.
6. Review WarmUp guidelines : PRACTICE and WARM UP PROCEDURES for AMTA STUDENT RECITALS
Entry Form shall be turned into the Chair. Entry form listed above.
Inform your students and their families as to AMTA Student Recital Audience Etiquette & AMTA Student Recital Performance Etiquette . See guidelines above. When performing in any recital related to AMTA events, teachers are expected to share and educate their students/families as to performance and audience guidelines when attending recitals.